You have that urge to create. An inner desire to paint your heart out, express yourself, to be free and to escape to the world of colour. A brand new set of watercolour paints sits on your shelf. Your husband gifted it to you about 2 years ago but you've not found the time and the mental space to crack them open and give them a go.
Well, now is the time to do so... because online learning has really shifted gears over the last few years and there are just so may wonderful online art courses available for us to try!
Online art courses offer so many benefits:
1. You can make art in the privacy of your own home, away from the judgement of others. This then maximises your creativity and helps you to train your inner critic to be kind before showing your art to the wider world.
2. You can watch the videos over and over again until you are satisfied. You get optimal value out of any teacher because no words can be missed, no demonstration can be obscured... you don't miss a split second of learning.
3. You can complete the courses at your own pace and complete the lessons on your own day and time. You are the boss of the timetable, so you can work on your course in the evening after the kids are in bed or during the day if your child still naps. You could even work on it with your children by your side and make it an activity you do together. The choice is yours.
4. You can meet many like-minded people from across the country or the globe. Many online courses come with a community in some shape or other. They are wonderful ways to meet other creative souls and to possibly even make lifelong friends.
5. You get resources that will be useful for years to come. Online learning often comes with pdf guides, roadmaps, checklists and so forth which can be referred to over and over again over the years as you continue on your art journey.
I really cannot speak of online courses highly enough! To have such a wide array of art education available to us is a wonderful benefit of technological advancement and I am 100% for it!
If you would like to grab my free watercolour video tutorial to try out the concept of online art learning, simply click here, enter your email address and I will send it straight to your inbox.
With love and gratitude,
P.S. What do you like to learn online? Drop a comment below.